Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grillin and The Passing

So I got this Weber grill from my boss over the summer. Whenever Im at walmart, Jewel or Dominick's, I'd always forget to get charcoal. So we never had a chance to bbq anything. Even labor day weekend, nope, no bbq for us.

Last week, Thursday, I finally found a small bag of charcoall for only 6 bucks, not too bad... bought it. (I know I should get the big one, we already used  it all up this weekend) Lesson learned.

Anyways, Friday night, Had my first ever Grilled burger. Ok to clear things up, I've had grilled burgers from all over town. I never had an authentic American one.
Here is what I considered authentic.

  • ground beef patties
  • Just salt and pepper!
  • Lettuce
  • Onion
  • Tomatoes
  • Cheese (optional)
  • Lastly grilled from my own gril LOL
Thats it, growing up my mom would always buy ground beef and season it herself, and trust me, when you've tried one of my mom's cooking, you'll totally agree with me that her burgers are gonna be great even with the extra ingredients. Anyways, so Friday night we had burgers.

Here it is:


So yes, they were delicious! mouth watering lol

Saturday morning, we woke up, and the first thing we thought of was to grill some steak. Sadly there wasnt any pictures taken, obviously we just had to eat them right away.

The steak was not to thick, Marinated with Teriyaki Sauce, Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper (just eye balled it) and rubbed it with garlic. Later that night, we grilled the rest of the steak and had steak burgers.

As I am typing this, my dearest BF is grillin up some pork ribs, with his little assistant keeping him company out in the balcony. I say they make a good pair. The little one is just out there saying hi to every squirrel, bird and rabbit she see.

Here's the pork ribs.

The passing of the blue box
Also this was a sad weekend for us. Our dear Blue box (our car) was donated to Kars 4 Kids, when the Tow truck came, It had probably a 2008 acura tsx, and I asked the guy can i have it if its just being junked. He said the owner had it in its garage for weeks, and I asked him why, He said it was Flooded. I asked him how, he said It got flooded from that last storm we had. It will cost more to repair that kind of damage than the fix our car needed.

The Blue Box meant so much to me even though it wasnt mine to begin with. Im too attached to it, because its the car that Etna grew up with, even though shes just two years old, she can spot that car anywhere in the parking lot. Its also the car that we took Etna with for her doctor appointments in the city. It never broke down even though we know its nearing its end. Yesterday it finally came, and just like that it was gone. I know its just a thing, but it became a part of our family too. As a goodbye, we gave it a salute.


As to celebrate something new, we are piggin out lol
There's no point of keeping the blue box, it was time to move on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates