Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

IM ENGAGED!

So after going out/seeing/dating each other for almost 5 years, I am officially engaged.  Our engagement is probably not as typical as others where guy kneeling on one knee, hands the girl a blue box and asks her had. Mine kind of started out differently.

It was one of our usual evenings where we watch tv, have dinner and just chill out.

I was not really in my best mood that night, some how in the middle of our conversation, my dear beloved boy friend takes my hand and asked me to marry him.  The first thing that came out of my mind was “are you serious?” He said “YES”. I started crying and I kept saying “YES! YES!” 





The unconventional situation is that, he did not have a ring, and I still said yes.
To me a ring is just a material thing that symbolizes your current status. As long as he asked me, that’s all that mattered. We even talked about getting married at a the courthouse just to get it over with. (this was before the engagement) I had the opportunity to pick out the ring and of course the size was right. When it arrived, he placed it on my finger. IT WAS PERFECTION! Not too big and not too small. Again, it was PERFECT!
We told ourselves that two years would be a good timing, but we are really taking our time planning this wedding. We started with our entrance song, and a first dance. My first dance song choice is You by Kazami which is from the anime Samurai Champloo.

Here’s a little sample of the chorus:
I feel beautiful when I'm around you
I'm safe and comfortable
'cause you are wonderful
it feels natural to be around you
you've made it possible
you're wonderful

I just think its perfect, because He did tell me that whenever he says this song is playing, it always reminds him of me. Oh well two years is still far ahead, but I’m scared that it may come around too quick!

Thank you for all the greetings!!

xoxo,
Grace

3 comments:

MissKatv said...

my oh my! congratulations deary! :D
he's a lucky man! ;p

oh BTW, I'm having my birthday giveaway. You can check it here:
Misskatv's Birthday Sigma Brush Giveaway

xoxo, Kat :)

DeBi said...

congrats

allstyledup said...

congatulations ! engagement must be such an exciting thing! i'm only 9 months into my relationship (this time, very committed) and we have been talking about how our kids should be, how our wedding should be haha...way too soon and we're not ready for it but having someone to love and to be loved back truly is an amazing feeling. i hope your wedding will be amazing! you should post progress of your wedding plans :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates