Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Overview: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss

REVLON: Silky...Sexy...Brilliant. Glossy formula combines sheer color and intense moisture with light-reflecting spheres to create amazing shine. SPF 15



RSLL in Firecraker
Price: $6.99-$8.00 depending where you get it. I suggest a BOGO or BOGO 50% off.
WhereAlmost all drugstores carry revlon products, and also Wal-mart, K-Mart, and Target.
Packaging: It looks very similar to my YSL lipgloss including the doe foot applicator, and the slick glass tube type container.

 First Impressions: Not to sticky... May have a scent, but I think it is normal, and it is not overwhelming. Staying power is pretty medium. It will not last all day, so do not expect that to happen.

When I first started investing on makeup, I made a decision after trying my first SLL(super lustrous lipgloss) I am going to stick with just revlon. So far I have not purchased any other than the SLL line.





For an everyday gloss, I think this is perfect because it is not heavily pigmented as others. It can be a hit or miss with these ones too. One can be more pigmented than the other.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss

From the picture above lined them up accordingly to coordinate with the actual product on top.  Comparing them with one another, the content is not as true to the color from the packaging.
L-R: Firecracker, Pink Afterglow, Pink Pop, Pink Whisper, Life's a Peach, Nude Lustre, Lilac Pastelle

 

 Firecracker; Tube color:bright red
                     Swatch: Red with a lot of orange undertone.


Pink After glow; Tube color; Light Pink with tiny glitter
                           Swatch: Pale Pink with pink/silver glitter(tiny)

Pink Pop; Tube Color:Barbie Pink, Pink with blue undertone
                Swatch: Stayed true to what the color is from the packaging


Pink Whisper; Tube Color: Peachy Pink
                       Swatch: Pale pink(semi-matte) very sheer, It might turn out as clear if used alone

Life's a Peach; Tube Color: Light Peach
                       Swatch: Light peach with a little shimmer


Nude Lustre; Tube Color: Nude Peach(a little brown undertone)
                       Swatch: Light Nude Peach, can be worn alone.


Lilac Pastelle; Tube Color: Lilac(name speaks for itself
                      Swatch Color: A very pastel lilac, very pigmented. Although on the lips, it comes of as 
                      a  sheer/light purple with blue undertone (cool)
                  
If you are looking for a Matte finish, or anywhere near that, I suggest to skip out on this Lip glosses. They are at least shimmery, and can even be glittery. Although, the glitter is not chunky. On the lips, it just gives it enough shine/shimmer.


Repurchase? Yes, I actually did on a couple of these bad boys already. My overall favorite is Nude lustre and Life's a peach. Even though these two have peachy colors, on my very pigmented lips, It gives a little hint of pink. 


As I probably mentioned earlier on... These lipgloss are great for an everyday wear. One, because it is not too pricey. The quality is great, I think it is comparable to some of my mac lipglosses, but not enough with the pigmentation. Again, you are getting your money's worth with these glosses. 


Recommendation? Yes, I sure will. Do not be scared with the bright colors because, most of the time, the color is not what it seems to be when it is on your lips compared to what it looks from the packaging. 


It's almost 1 am, I can keep going and going about raving this product, one of the reasons too that I did not choose to film. It's because it will probably be at least a 15 minute video... and that is too long.


So, I am going to end this here, and dont forget to let me know what you think? yeah? 


Thank you


Grace

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates