Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Friday, April 1, 2011

Review: Maybelline Volume Express ONE BY ONE mascara

I was supposed to review this product on Camera, but my HD converter is messed up so, I'll just blog about it.

So I finally ran out of the 2 mascaras that I had been circulating since the end of last year.(it just got its 3 month expiration and some dried up)

Also earlier this year, Maybelline came out with the ONE by ONE mascara. I couldn't get it yet because I don't like stocking up on mascara, which I would eventually toss out because of its life-span.

As a little side note: I want to let you guys know that I love the "Falsies" also from Maybelline, and I didnt have any plan on replacing it until I read a lot of good (and bad) reviews with the ONE by ONE. Honestly, I had a little bit of a hard time with the Falsies too. I won't deny that it didn't clump on me because it did. I just had my tricks to make it work, and it did. There was just too much product on the brush it self that makes it clumpier when it gets on to your lashes. Overall, I still love the Falsies.


So onto my actual product review:

I would like to credit google images for the picture above.
Price: Ranges from $5-$7
-depending where you purchase it. I got mine at Walmart for $5.95 (but a couple weeks ago they had it on sale for $5 :p )

- The bristle is rounder, designed to actually get to your lashes individually and coat it. Which will give you the maximized volume as possible. In the picture above the brush is orange, because its the regular formula. I have a blue brush(waterproof)

-The packaging is similar to the other volume express mascara, except this one is bright tangerine-pink in color, and a bright blue turquoise blue rim.

The One by One is not as thick in consistency as the falsies, but not sheer either.
It is not as clumpy. It really does separate my lashes. I was trying to see if how far I can actually take this mascara to be very build-able or not, So far maybe medium. That's it. It only gives a very natural finish, but your lashes have more volume and length than having no mascara at all. So this mascara is great for an everyday use.

I got one in the waterproof formula. I would normally not pay attention if the mascara is waterproof or not, I will just pick the color and get on with my shopping. Because of this, whenever my allergies come (usually 15 minutes after I apply my makeup in the morning) I would sneeze, and the mascara would smudge under my eye! And I would literally curse at the wind for not getting a waterproof one!

  So... I finally took my sweet time and looked for a waterproof one. The purpose of having a waterproof mascara, is that it helps keep the curl in your lashes longer compared to using a none waterproof one.

My lashes routine will be curling my lashes for the first time, apply 1 coat of mascara, curl it I wore it all day today, and I didn't get any smudging. Although I noticed a little bit of flaking. The flaking came about around 6 hours from the time I first applied the mascara. In my opinion it isn't really that bad, and no raccoon eye!

So overall, this mascara is not as amazing as the hype is making it to be. Although it can be a holy grail to anybody as well. As I mentioned, this can be a very nice everyday mascara, but don't expect it to give you a dramatic lashes because it won't.

I would definitely repurchase this mascara again. As always, we are always on a hunt for the "next best thing" out there.

Also, each individual's lashes are different, as our DNA's are. So this blog review is my 100% honest opinion, and please respect it, because I got a negative comment in my previous mascara that my review is not accurate as what the Mascara is intended for. Again, we are all different, different skin types and color, of course products will have different effects on different skin.

Mascaras on my "TO TRY LIST"
-Lancome Hypnose waterproof mascara
-L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
-Makeup Forever aqua smokey lash
- Maybelline Full and Soft mascara



I hope you enjoyed this review!!
XOXO,
Grace


1 comments:

mummy loves makeup said...

i totally agree with u bout this mascara being a daytime everyday look.i use this aswell but for layering.this def does not give u a dramatic look. i also want to try the lancome one aswell.check out my pics using this mascara! :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates